Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Money For Nothin'

The Wife and I had the talk...You know, the one where you try to squeeze blood from a turnip...The one where you try to figure out how to get money out of thin air. Do you know that talk? Although our government can somehow defy basic economic logic of money in should equal money out, I still have not figure out how "they" can get money from nothin. I'm trying to be responsible with our money... you know, not go bankrupt--stuff like that.

While going through the restoration process, I have heard (and know) of couples that have not survived the experince and ending up in a divorce. While we are extremely lucky that we are in this together and have both been on the same page throughout this entire ordeal, one can easily see how the issue of money (and the way it seems to disappear out of your pocket at astonishing speed during a restoration) could cause problems. I am lucky. Through thick and thin--we are in it together.

Money is a deceptively seductive temptress...what she gives to you for one thing, she takes away an equal amount from something else. When I buy a window, I can't afford food...That's just wrong. Money is evil that way...Some say yin/yang. I say yada yada yada.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to figure out how to get money for nothin'.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I understand.

We've been having a lot of those conversations lately. My wife just got a job two months ago (she was a stay at home mom & our de facto contractor before) and I'm thinking about a second job myself.

We've also sold some furniture, cleaned out our closets and sold all our junk on ebay, took box loads of books to the used bookstore, done freelance writing and artwork, and borrowed from family.

It's really hard work and extemely stressful. I wish you the best of luck.



I wish you the best of luck.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home