Friday, October 28, 2005

A Million and One Small Details

I'm in the process of wrapping up the outside of our house--after 5 freakin' years. It has been a long an ardouous process and it nice to know that we are near the end of wrapping up the outside of the home...but it is the process of wrapping up that take a frustratingly long period of time...A little bit of this a little bit of that, and each doesn't have the huge impact that installing a window or painting the side of the building.

Details. They make all the difference, I know. But they seem to take forever, making the process slow to a crawl. I can see unfinished examples all over town of people giving up on the details...it is not easy to finish things up. I need to focus. Focus on the details, now, and not on the entire house. Shift my view from big to small, rough to fine. In the end it will make all the difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home