Thursday, August 17, 2006

House Hunting Bug Continued...

Mindy and Jeannie have both posted about homes in their neighborhood that got their attention...and the prices of each of these homes have sparked some interesting discussions.

The price of homes in this area have gone crazy--and while we don't plan on going anywhere, I have often daydreamed of selling, buying a home with cash, and slowing down. But when it comes down to it we ain't goin' nowhere.

However, that doesn't stop me from cruising the pages of Historic Properties and dreaming... Lo and behold, what did I find while cruising the pages the other day??? The house across the street from me is for sale...


It is one of the nicest houses in our town--a landmark home with a small cottage on the property. The home and yard are spectacular.

You could be my neighbor for $2,499,000.

I honestly don't know how anyone is able to buy a home anymore...I worry about my children and their ability to live in California. Perhaps there will be a major correction to the real estate market--but that, in itself, could be devasting to many. In the past, California real estate has remained relatively "flat" during down times--only to go crazy when it spikes again...I don't know how long this can continue.

At some point, the slogan may be: "Move East, young man, move East."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home